|ABOUT | ALL-STARS | EVENTS | SERVICES | MERCHANDISE | CONTACT | LINKS|
2009 FLIP$ 4 TIP$ 10
Flip$ for Tip$ will host its 10th all FLAIR Bartending competition this year in Columbus, Ohio. This is an excellent comp to showcase flair skills, have fun and to raise money for charity.
1. October 5, 2009 ----- Columbus, Ohio CHAMPPS AMERICANA (1827 Olentangy River Rd. Columbus, Ohio 43212) 614-298-0833
2. We will be raising money for Dakota Turek & Working Vessels For Veterans. Dakota is a 7-year-old boy that's undergone two brain surgeries. He has been diagnosed with LKS. This year's efforts will be directed towards that purpose as well as raising money for Veteran's here in the United States. This is what we will be raising money for in this years FLIP$ 4 TIP$ 10 event. There are more details and information about Cody at www.codyschallenge.org & the Veteran's @ www.workvesselsforvets.org
3. Each competitor is required to represent a sponsor while on stage. This needs to be done via a shirt or garment that is being worn while on stage. The sponsor can be any product or establishment but each competitor must be sponsored by someone or something and that must be displayed during the routine.
4. COMP TIME IS 7:30pm. All contestants must attend the Meet & Greet on Sunday at 8pm that will take place at Champs Americana. There is a Party afterwards at MYNT ULTRALOUNGE and we will get 50% off our tabs up to $40
5. A practice area will be available to all competitors.
6. Comp will be held on a stage and take place on a FLAIRCO Bar
7. ROUNDS WILL BE 5 mins in length. Time will cease at the 5 min mark
8. PRIZE BREAKDOWN:
1st..............$1,100 Finalist Trophy & a GRAND CHAMPION plaque. Picture on Flip$ 4 Tip$ 11 flyer $100 GC to Barproducts.com
2nd.............$900 Finalist Trophy $100 GC to Barproducts.com
3rd..............$700 Finalist Trophy $100 GC to Barproducts.com
4th..............$600 Finalist Trophy $50 GC to Barproducts.com
5th..............$500 Finalist Trophy $50 GC to Barproducts.com
6th..............$500 Finalist Trophy $20 GC to Barproducts.com
7th..............$500 Finalist Trophy $20 GC to Barproducts.com
8th..............$500 Finalist Trophy $20 GC to Barproducts.com
A MINIMUM OF TWO DRINKS MUST BE MADE. THE MAXIMUM NUMBER IS YOUR CHOICE. You must use THREE OLIVE's Vodka, FINEST CALL in both drinks. You must also put Carolina Sweet Tea Vodka, Lemonade Vodka or a Jack Flavored Rum in both drinks. The choice is yours. There will be no penalty for putting more than one in. The drinks will not be tasted by anyone so drink quality is not a necessity either.
9. There is a $90.00 entry fee. All entrants will receive:
a. A souvenir Flip$ 10 FLAIRCO bottle
b. A souvenir Flip$ 10 T-shirt
c. Limited edition Bottle Blade by Barproducts.com
d. Other goodies that I can't mention
10. BRING YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. TINS, BOTTLES, GLASSWARE, POUR SPOUTS, PROPS, MAGIC ACTS, ETC.
11. Bring labeled, labeled, labeled, labeled music in CD format.
12. NO FIRE.
13. STILL CAMERAS ARE ALLOWED. VIDEO CAMERAS ARE ALLOWED.
14. I WILL ACCEPT REGISTRATIONS BY PAYING VIA PAY PAL AT WWW.CHICOSUN.COM. E-MAIL's GO TO firstname.lastname@example.org OR BY TELEPHONING 702-251-9013 AND LEAVING A MESSAGE.
15. SIGN-Ups WILL BE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
16. Must have at least 1/2oz of Liquor in your bottles.
17. DEDUCTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
a. SPILLS……4 pts
b. DROPS……4 pts
c. BREAKS….10 pts
d. MISSING DRINK……250 pts
e. Not using sponsors product….400 pts
f. Using a competitor's product……….400 pts
g. Not having or showcasing a sponsor……..400pts
18. JUDGING WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
1000 pts Overall Performance (This includes Difficulty, Smoothness, Originality & Variety) basically how TIGHT was your show????
(Average) (Above Average) (Excellent) (Phenomenal) (Badass!!!)
50pts CROWD PARTICIPATION. Use the crowd in your show. Don't pretend that they are not there. Are you communicating with them? Making eye contact? Are they impressed with what you are doing? The crowd's response(s) during your routine will be factored into this category as well as their immediate response at the end of your performance. It will not be a "loudest crowd applause" judging where the Emcee will ask the crowd for their approval, it will be the crowd's true response at the end of the round.
Out of town competitors will fly into the Columbus International Airport (CMH)
The Varsity Inn (614) 291-2983 Code word for a $59.99 room rate is "FLIPS" The room rate will be held until September 20th. Champps is located Sixth Tenths of a mile from the Hotel. It's not a real close walk but it's not as far as what we walk for Quest. I will most likely have a shuttle running as well that will only be $2 each way.
I would highly suggest getting a rental car for around the town travel and/or airport travel. Cabs are available but are not as available as some major cities.
Sooooooooo…………Hey, hey, hey Whaddda say???
Here we go again
It's FLIP$$$$$$$$ forrrrrrrrrrrrr TIP$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Ten
Going to do it with Chico……in Ohio……yep - yep.
WHAT TIME IS IT????
IT'S TIN TOSSIN' BARTENDER FLOSSIN' LEMON-LIME FLAIRTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEE YOU AT CHAMPPS Americana
GOOD LUCK and GO Bucks!!!!!!……………………Chico
|Chicosun 3655 Decatur Blvd. S. Suite 14-121 Las Vegas, Nevada 89103-6860 USA 702-251-9013||Copyright © 2019 CHICOSUN. . All Rights Reserved.|